Are you looking to hire musicians for your wedding? Perhaps you’re searching for wedding hymns, processional music or the latest popular wedding songs for your special day?
Not only can we arrange all of this for you, but we think our live wedding music offers something a bit different. You can still keep the music traditional but unique by breaking away from the tried-and-tested ‘string quartet wedding’ with a brass quintet.
“Many thanks for your fantastic music at my sister’s wedding. It was received very well by everyone at the service and I heard nothing but compliments towards the music you provided.”
Why? Not only is the sound of brass majestic in itself, but we don’t require any amplification. The last thing you want on your day is fussing with the finer details – it takes under a minute to set up! Just think back to the Royal Wedding where the music all started with a fantastic brass fanfare. We can offer this to you as well as accompanying the congregation for a selection of your favourite wedding hymns.
Brass is fantastic for variety – it can be adapted for classical, jazz, pop, Bollywood, Klezmer, Latin – in short any style you can think of!
Where a string quartet may not be able to fill a church, Riverside Brass Quintet will be well heard yet not overpowering. And we can also play during your wedding reception. Just see our Reviews section to see what our clients have said about us.
“We wanted to email you to say a huge thanks for playing brilliantly at our wedding in May. We all enjoyed your performance and your repertoire was just perfect.”
In a nutshell, Riverside Brass Quintet can arrange some or all of the following for your special day:
- wedding reception songs (perfect for background music)
- wedding hymns for the ceremony
- music for the signing of the register
- processional and recessional music, including fanfares
Please note that if there are particular pieces you are after we can arrange these for you whether they be traditional or current! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for more details (see Contact). In the meantime, here is a list of the music we offer:
Prelude music (pre-ceremony)
- Canon in D – Pachelbel
- Greensleeves – (trad.)
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – J.S. Bach
- Nimrod from Enigma Variations – Elgar (arr. Toby Street)
- The Water Music – G.F. Handel
Processional Music (bridal entrance)
- Bridal Chorus (Here Comes The Bride) – Wagner
- Hornpipe from The Water Music – G.F. Handel
- Trumpet Tune – Purcell
- Trumpet Voluntary – Clarke
these can be discussed with you and arranged accordingly
Signing of the Register
- Air (on the G String) – J.S. Bach (please see Tracks)
- movements from Quintet No. 1 – Ewald
- The Swan – Saint Saëns
Recessional Music (the exit of the bride)
- Aria of The Queen of the Night – Mozart
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba – Handel
- Overture from The Magic Flute – Mozart
- Wedding March from A Midsummer Night’s Dream – Mendelssohn
- ‘Zadok the Priest’ – Handel (arr. Edward Hallinan)
N.B. Our trumpeters can also play a variety of fanfares – perfect for that something special to walk down the aisle/introduce dinner!